Our client is a leading independent provider of Multi-Utility metering, network and data services, delivering efficiency, innovation and value. The finance team is based in Livingston, and we are currently engaged to find a Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance to manage and coordinate all aspects of treasury and corporate finance for the Group.
The Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive and effective treasury management framework by defining policies and standards in line with best international practices and aimed at ensuring effectiveness and risk control.
- Plan, design and implement a comprehensive and effective Group treasury management framework.
- Ensure proper cash flow planning and optimal capital structuring. Perform proper monitoring of cash flow budget.
- Assume responsibility for balance sheet management by focusing on asset-liability management, liquidity management, counterparty management, interest rate and foreign exchange management.
- Design and implement treasury systems and solutions aimed at supporting cash flow management effectiveness, address key risks, introduce robust effective controls.
- Provide and implement guidelines for managing excess of liquidity and for entering into financial investments. Recommend measures to optimize returns from.
- Provide overall guidance on Corporate Guarantees, other forms of securities, off balance sheet assets & liabilities.
- Ensure compliance with treasury requirements as defined by the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Provide professional Treasury advice regarding key Commercial Decisions to Executive Management.
- Coordinate Treasury units of Group subsidiaries and ensure compliance to Group Treasury policies and standards; provide support/advice to Treasury units of Group’s associates and investees
Corporate Finance Management
- Assume responsibility for all corporate financing activities (corporate credit lines, equity bridge loans, acquisition financing, working capital facilities, corporate bond and other debt capital market issuances). Plan, structure an execute banking and/or debt capital market transactions with a consideration of minimizing cost of funds and of keeping financial risks under control.
- Conduct effective relationships with lending institutions, financial advisors and the wider financial community.
- Conduct effective analysis on current status and expected trends of relevant financial markets to support effective capital structuring decisions and active management of the debt and liquidity portfolio.
- Ensure the effective monitoring and proper management of key financial risks (counterparty, bank capital adequacy, liquidity and volatility of interest and forex rates).
- Ensure efficient procurement and proper management of documentary credit facilities (i.e. Bank Guarantees, Letters of Credit, Bid bonds and Sureties).
- Generate proper management reports for the Chief Financial Officer and the Executive management Team with respect to company’s cash flow, asset and liability profile, risk exposure.
- Provide support to Business Development teams during pre-development or pre-acquisition phase (i.e. financial due diligence, business evaluation, competitive bidding) and during the post-merger integration phase (implementation of Group Treasury policies and standards).
- Proven experience in treasury and corporate finance
- Strong exposure to domestic and international banking institutions.
- Good knowledge of treasury and cash management systems.
- Familiarity with financial information systems (Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters)
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration
- Professional qualification in Treasury
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.