The Group Financial Reporting Manager will play a key role in driving improvements in the finance policies and procedures throughout the group. From a redesign of the Group Statutory Account process, improving the review and analyse of the balance sheet, manage the IFRS 16 requirements and contributing to a complete set of policies and procedures. This role will be focused on delivering lasting change.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the individual will work closely with the Group Finance team, and in particular the Head of Internal Audit, and with key individuals in each of the Group’s subsidiaries.
Based in Edinburgh the role will include a mix of “business as usual” as well as key projects. The individual therefore should bring a strong accounting background and enjoy working “in the detail” whilst also having the drive to play a significant part in the transformation.
Group Financial Accounting Manager duties:
- Group statutory account preparation
- Key contact for Group and subsidiary audits
- Monthly group consolidation and close review
- Assistance in review of Group Balance sheet
- Group overheads review actuals/forecast/budget
- Finance support for group projects
- Transformation of Group Finance processes
- Management and development of two
The Group Financial Reporting Manager position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent technical accounting skills, strong systems knowledge and previous management experience. It is likely that the individual has trained in a professional services firm, but has also operated within commercial organisations, ideally in a Group / International environment.
It is critical that the Group Financial Reporting Manager will effectively support the Group Financial Controller. Undoubtedly, this is a key appointment for Baxters and the successful individual will play a key role in shaping the finance function over time.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- High calibre graduate with a good track record of academic achievement
- Fully qualified accountant with appropriate post-qualification experience, preferably with a minimum of 4 years PQE and experience working in a similar role and environment
- Preferably a background within the profession
- Excellent technical knowledge including IFRS accounting standards
- Experience of implementing robust financial controls, processes and procedures
- Excellent team management, mentoring and coaching skills
- System implementation and development experience is desirable
- Good IT skills, especially in relation to Microsoft applications and Excel
- Self-starter, willing to be involved in the detail, whilst having sufficient gravitas to support and challenge key stakeholders as required
- Confident communicator at every level, with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Self-motivated, organised and capable of developing in the current role
- Committed individual, displaying drive, ambition, and professionalism