Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a leading Energy business in Edinburgh that is looking to add a Group Financial Accountant to its ever-growing function.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant or 1-2 year PQE to expand their career with growth and development opportunities within the team. This role also offers a hybrid working approach as well as a competitive salary and extensive benefits package (Listed Below).
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly regional reporting and supporting in the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements. This will include responsibility for the group consolidation journals, reviewing consolidation summaries and preparing the necessary footnotes to support the group financial statements
- Carrying out initiatives identified by the Group Financial Reporting Manager, which includes identifying, communicating, and undertaking the implementation process for key initiatives
- Providing research, documentation and technical support to the group finance team, which primarily relates to IFRS technical issues
- Staying informed as to new accounting issues that will likely impact the future results of the business
- Liaising with key members of the group-wide accounting team and other functional department personnel to help identify and/or resolve issues and initiatives
- Supporting the design, implementation, and monitoring of internal controls. Will assist in developing and/or identifying new controls required for financial control to improve the overall control environment. Operation of certain controls as required
To be successful in this role you will be:
- A qualified accountant from one of the following bodies (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA)
- Must have experience with IFRS and FRS 101 financial statements
- Be able to commute into Edinburgh 2/3 times per week
- Have the full right to work in the UK
- A highly competitive remuneration package
- A discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
- Hybrid working (3/2 split)
- Early finish on Friday 2.30pm
- Gym membership/Fitness activity related activities paid for
- Generous pension contributions
To find out more on remuneration, and the role please contact the Rutherford Cross advisor Harry Thomson by emailing [email protected] for a confidential discussion.