Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working in partnership with a global PE backed business to recruit a Group Financial Accountant.
The purpose of the role is to partner with the business and provide support on reporting processes as well as ad-hoc projects including acquisition integration. The post-holder will take responsibility for ensuring compliance with external reporting requirements to lenders and bondholders, including preparation of insightful analysis/communications to external stakeholders. This individual will take ownership of keeping up to date with US GAAP and IFRS technical developments, including assessing the impact on the business and implementing the necessary policy, reporting or control changes to ensure compliance.
- Partner with the business including supporting them with initiatives and working with them to drive improvements in reporting
- Ownership of technical accounting responsibility for a global group of companies with growing turnover
- Provide support to Senior Management to assist in business development and strategy including provision of ad-hoc reports, insight and analysis as well as co-ordination of assigned projects / areas of responsibility. These projects can be wide ranging and provide a high level of variety which will widen commercial and operational experience
- Prepare external communications/presentations for delivery to our external stakeholders including bondholders, leaders, potential investors, credit agencies etc
- Lead reporting integration activities for the finance function for new acquisitions including acquisition accounting as well as implementation of policies and reporting requirements
- Responsibility for managing changes to reporting requirements required as a result of changes to external reporting requirements (GAAP or stakeholders)
- Prepare and deliver technical accounting updates periodically as new Accounting Standards some into effect and work with the team to design and enforce new reporting requirements to enable the Group to meet new standards
- Own or participate in the delivery of process improvements both at Group and across the global finance function
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure that the audit is delivered in accordance with Group and stakeholder requirements
- Responsible for technical accounting training and communication within the Global Finance Team and wider business
- Salary circa £45,000-£55,000
- 25 days holiday plus 8
- Pensions 5% employee, 5 %employer
- Attractive working hours