Rutherford Cross is delighted to partner with a hugely successful business in Lanarkshire to appoint a Group Financial Accountant. This established and diverse group is on track to achieve record turnover and profit and with succession planning in mind is keen to appoint a recently qualified, ambitious accountant.
The purpose of this role is to support the Group Finance Director and Group Financial Controller develop and deliver the key head office finance functions. These include, but are not limited to, monthly group management accounts and draft statutory reporting, forecasting, budgeting and monitoring of cash flow.
Fulfilment of the role will require the provision of ad hoc and regular financial support and analysis for group management and directors.
- Assist with the delivery of the group management and statutory financial reporting processes, including group consolidation and reporting to group management and key external stakeholders
- Contribution to monthly finance pack for board meetings including analysis of cash flow, funding and lending utilisation, debtors, capital projects and performance against budget
- Development and maintenance of intergroup charging procedures
- Preparation of key balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide support for group management in annual budgeting process, analysing past trading and challenging significant changes in site level budgets
- Assist in the preparation of the group P&L and Balance Sheet for statutory reporting
- Support the FD and FC in completion of information for disclosure notes
- Liaise with external auditors
- Assist with all group tax matters including quarterly VAT reporting and compliance with group policies, corporation tax analysis, employment taxes and customs procedures
- Assist with all other external reporting requirements
Other ad hoc work is likely to include:
- Support and analysis of Sales and Purchase ledgers across the group companies
- System development and implementation (recent examples include MTD for VAT, payroll, point of sale systems and management accounting)
- Business planning and assessment of acquisition and growth opportunities
- Support annual retendering of contracts including utilities, insurance and other group purchasing contracts
- Deputise for the Group Financial Controller as necessary
- Develop and implement financial processes
The vacancy would suit a recently qualified chartered accountant (CA, ACCA or CIMA) either looking for progression in a commercial role or taking the first step into industry from public practice.
The role demands a wide variety of skills and abilities requiring a confident individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be exposed to the most senior level of management in the group and will be expected to make an impact from the outset. Experience in a commercial environment would be advantageous, as would a varied public practice background.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to understand and analyse large volumes of data and have commensurate systems development or Excel skills.
Knowledge and experience of a multi-site or multi-company accounting environment, monthly management accounting, annual statutory reporting and a variety of business taxes would be beneficial.
Core competencies required are as follows:
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Initiative, self-reliance and an ability to deliver tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels in the organsiation
- Excellent communicator and presenter
Salary: £37,500 to £42,500 depending on experience
Other benefits: Company car, private healthcare
Pension: Group Personal Pension (Defined Contribution) with employer matched
contributions of 5%
Life cover: Death in service
Working hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Holidays: 22 days plus 8 statutory