Rutherford Cross are pleased to be partnering with a leading energy service provider to help appoint a Group Finance System Analyst (12-month contract). Our client is based in Glasgow and operates a hybrid working model. On offer is a salary of £40-45k and a very attractive wider benefits package. There is also a potential for the role to lead to a permanent position once the contract has concluded.
The Group Finance System Analyst will support the Group Finance System Manager, and wider business in the maintenance and development of the Group ERP system. The role will help to resolve system issues, support with the development of the system and help provide a solution to meet the business needs. The role will help to maintain the efficiency of the core organisational functions and business processes.
The Group Finance System Analyst is key to the Group as it directly contributes to the development, and administration of the ERP system, striving to establish best practices for the system and assist with the improvement of all processes. The role will work closely with functional areas and additional stakeholders to oversee and implement efficient solutions and ensures the successful reporting and operation of the ERP system across the Group.
Reporting to the Group Finance Systems Manager, this role will support the various Finance and Operations teams using D365 Finance and Operations ERP, maintaining master data and user set-up. In addition, they will provide support to Finance and Operational users on related tasks during month-end.
Ideally, we are looking to speak with individuals confident in using ERP systems and experience with BI tools.
- Create and maintain company master data including new chart of account codes, items, customers, vendors, posting profiles and new warehouse records
- Liaise with IT and 3rd Party support partner on business requirements, testing, system maintenance and improvement opportunities
- Maintain User set-up such as role mapping and amendments in line with agreed procedure
- Support Finance Users with any other Finance Systems queries and ad hoc requests e.g. ensure monthly processing jobs take place successfully.
- Assist internal and external auditors with any evidence requirements in relation to system controls.
- Directly undertake improvement activities to help finance teams use the system to be as efficient as possible.
- University degree or equivalent with specialisation in finance
- Post qualifying experience
- Knowledge of D365 Finance and Operations or other similar ERP.
- Experience with BI tools preferably PowerBI
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven experience in similar position
- Proven experience in leading and delivering projects
- Demonstrate technical and analytical skills to help make our work as effective and efficient as possible
- Influencing skills, coupled with a desire to teach and pass on knowledge
- A strong communicator with experience working with different stakeholders
- Finance awareness to understand month end and deadlines with the confidence to talk around this
- Experience of working with Financial systems (D365 would be advantageous but not essential)
- Problem solving skills and strong attention to detail being thorough but effective
· Exhibit a service provider mentality, supporting businesses to help ‘get things done’ and closing key projects. Also, able to manage several projects/initiatives in parallel.
- Self-starter with effective time management skills
- Keen to understand root causes of issues and desire to get the job done
· Demonstrable approach to self-development
· Resilient and responsive to change
· Good communicator and team player
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross on 07432482882/ [email protected]