Rutherford Cross is excited to be working on a retained basis with Collagen Solutions Plc to appoint a Group Accountant.
Collagen Solutions is a global leader in collagen-based biomaterials supply and development for use in regenerative medicine and medical devices. They are an exciting fast-paced growth company publicly trading on the London Stock Exchange.
Collagen Solutions is one of the few listed companies headquartered in Scotland and has a global reach including staff in USA, Australia, New Zealand the UK and South Korea. The business is at an early stage and has a high growth trajectory going forward. The business engineers regenerative biomaterials and medical devices from natural collagen proteins, animal tissues and other biomaterials. Collagen Solutions apply their expertise across the value chain, from raw materials supply, product development, contract manufacturing, and their own proprietary products to address key markets and applications in regenerative medicine.
The business operates in a number of markets, their key markets are: Orthopedics, Dental, Wounds and burns and cardiovascular.
The organisation has recently gone through a restructure with the consolidation of collagen manufacturing into the Glasgow centre of excellence which will contribute c£300k in increased operating profit of FY2019 as well as resulting in annualised cash savings of c£200k. The key figures for FY 2019 consisted of a group revenue number of £4,505,181 for the year ended 31 March 2019, up 10% on previous year, with a cash position of close to £6m. The business has been awarded a £1.5m research and development grant from Scottish Enterprise at the start of 2019. The grant will support around 39% of development costs for several of Collagen Solution’s early stage and upcoming proprietary product research and development programmes.
For further information on Collagen Solutions plc, visit https://www.collagensolutions.com/
The Group Accountant will be a key member of the Collagen Solutions plc team in Glasgow and will report directly into the Global Group Financial Controller who in turn reports to the CFO. The role has been newly created due to continued and further projected growth.
The organisation represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced accountant who wants to work in a high growth, AIM listed business environment. It is envisaged that over time this role will develop and grow and therefore it is key that applicants are flexible and adaptable to those changes.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business which is leading the way in its field and contribute to its future success by playing a key role in its journey.
The Group Accountant will assist the Global Group Financial Controller in the production of the management and statutory accounts and all financial processing across all legal entities within the Group. The post-holder will assist with the completion of the month end accounting processes of all group entities (primarily using the NetSuite System) and provide support for the ongoing financial management of the group. This will include budget variance analysis and ensuring adherence to company accounting and business process policies.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
Month end processes
- Balance sheet reconciliations with full explanation as to variances to budget (excluding bank reconciliations) including intercompany balances
- Fixed and intangible assets review and running depreciation (automatic run by NetSuite)
- Creating and posting general ledger journals
- Preparing all prepayment and accruals for all entities, reviewing these and posting
- Completing the initial cost centre review and analysis vs budget to ensure costs have been reported correctly
- Inventory management – stock receipting, movements of stock items from WIP to finished goods in NetSuite, new stock item set up, stock write offs and provisioning, costings and expiry date management.
- Review of Bill of Materials (BOM’s) against actual COGS
- Ownership of the debtors ledger and credit control
- Expense reporting overview (system automated)
- Completing other regular reports like VAT returns
- Running the payroll in the UK, US and NZ (US and NZ through outsourced payroll service providers) and posting of all entries to the NetSuite system
- Assisting with annual statutory account completion and corporation tax & R&D Tax Credit analysis and any other analysis required to support the finance department understanding of accounting numbers
- Ensuring implementation of group accounting policies including those related to fixed asset capitalised, stock management, cost of goods sold reporting and others
The position incorporates a range of responsibilities requiring a proactive individual with strong attention to detail and the ability to respond to evolving demands and in a prompt manner. The Group Accountant will be either qualified or “qualified by experience” and will have a strong understanding of cost accounting from the manufacturing sector.
It is critical that the Group Accountant has sound problem-solving and analytical skills. In addition to having advanced Excel abilities, the post-holder must be able to build positive working relationships with a range of operational stakeholders across the business. Given the close nature of the finance team, it is imperative that the Group Accountant is comfortable working with senior figures in the business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant or “qualified by experience”
- Understanding of cost accounting
- Prior experience in the manufacturing sector
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to build positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous systems implementation experience desired but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of MS project software, Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
Pension: 3% matched company contribution
Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory days
Professional Fees: If applicable