Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered again with one of our key clients to help them recruit for an FP&A Accountant. This is a newly created position in line with the company’s growth. The business is highly acquisitive and has a global presence in its sector. The position is based in central Glasgow but with a highly flexible/hybrid working model, no more than 2 days per week in the office required.
Ideally, we are looking for a qualified accountant (ICAS/CIMA/ACCA) with at least a couple of years post-qualification experience in industry. This position offers extensive exposure to the executive suite and senior management, so we are looking for someone with the strong of stakeholder management skills to effectively manage this.
The role itself is highly varied and covers all aspects of reporting and full responsibility for planning & budgeting. The business is becoming more focused on analytics and using data to drive decision making - so if you are a forward-thinking accountant looking for extensive exposure within a modern and progressive FP&A function – this could be the opportunity for you.
- To provide analysis; presentations and insightful commentary on monthly forecast and budgets to the Executive Group (UK and US) on management and statutory accounts. Along with any Ad Hoc analysis as required.
- An integral part of the Forecast and Budget process, leading on certain aspects.
- Simplify; streamline and automate, where possible, the monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting process to reduce the work required on the Businesses and their finance partners.
- The Region’s “super-user” of Planning and Consolidation Tools (PAX and TM1).
- Analyse the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as Revenue, Compensation, Operating Expenses, Growth and Margin.
- Develop financial models and analyse them to support strategic initiatives
- To provide analysis and commentary to the Executive group (UK and US) on Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts.
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and forecasting.
- Ability to use and may be required to implement business intelligence tools and dashboard reports
- Providing analysis of P&L costings and trending analysis
- Ad Hoc analysis: reporting and presentations, as required
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]