Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with a prestigious organisation based in Edinburgh looking to appoint a Financial Reporting Manager. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will manage a team of financial analysts providing relevant, timely and accurate financial information to the finance business partners and the financial controller - ensuring appropriate allocation of resources across the areas depending on priorities and agreed deadlines.
You will create and develop new approaches to financial and performance reporting using the systems and resources available, drive process improvements and respond to changes in end-user requirements.
Scope of the role:
- Essential liaison role with finance business partners. Strong relationships required with all senior managers and their teams, guiding, informing and challenging them in their thinking, inspiring them to act on the data provided.
- Supporting the financial controller in maintaining full financial accounting processes, analytical review and balance sheet reconciliation and providing resource to produce annual statutory accounts for the group
- Mindful of a continuous improvement agenda, with ongoing appraisal and re-evaluation of financial reporting systems and change management to new ways of reporting and working.
- The practical tasks of this role are:
- Coaching and developing an effective team of analysts
- Commuting the activities from back-end processing to front-end influencing
- Improving reporting consistency and quality
- Eliminating inefficient manual processes
- Making financial reporting easier for the general user to understand
- Responsible for timely, accurate and consistent financial data, starting with monthly management reports, budget and forecast analytical work to contributing to the production of the annual statutory accounts.
- Key financial team player. Regular collaboration with Business Partners on the most effective and efficient way of meeting the reporting requirements of the business and building systematic processes to set and maintain high standards of accuracy and presentation.
- Will also interact with both internal and external auditors on a quarterly/annual basis.
- A senior figure in the finance team, this role will provide support and cover to the Financial Controller dealing with the heads of finance and Finance Director on a regular basis.
- This role will be an example of best practice in Finance which may involve regular collaboration and benchmarking with equivalents in other organisations and institutions.
Qualifications and experience required to be considered for this role:
- Professional accountancy qualification with significant post-qualification experience.
- Experience of leading a team to change and deliver effective reporting across an organisation.
- Experience of producing monthly financial reporting and effective budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office software and an understanding of project accounting.
- Effective communicator and influencer with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to facilitate process reviews and deliver improvements
- Strong analytical skills with proactive critical thinking and problem resolution focused on solutions, understanding strategy and operationalising it.
- Proactive and innovative in approach.