- Financial Planning Analyst
- January 2020 Start
Background to the Opportunity
The opportunity has arisen for a Financial Planning Analyst to join our client’s Finance Team. It is a temp role working within the FMCG space in the city centre of Edinburgh. Interviews to take place in early January.
This interim role has arisen following changes to the structure of the Group Finance function where additional support is required to ensure all deadlines continue to be met, with particular focus on delivering the annual budget.
Reporting to the Group Treasury and Financial Planning Manager, the individual will work closely with the wider Group Finance team and Finance Directors of each of the Group’s Strategic Business Units (“SBU”).
The role will entail the provision of financial and strategic support to Executive Management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, biweekly flash reporting, month end reporting and other projects requested by senior management. Key objectives for the individual will be to support the Group’s annual budget and monthly reporting processes. The role will also act as part of the analytical engine of the Group to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
- Support and develop the annual budget cycle preparing Group level presentations
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Complete bi-weekly flash reporting with commentary and analysis of full year outlook
- Provide month end dashboard and KPI reporting with analysis to the Executive Management team
- Develop relevant analysis as required by the business leaders
- Build internal relationships with the wider Group Finance team and each of the SBU Finance Directors and become a credible business partner
- Supporting the Group Treasury and Financial Planning Manager, Executive Management and SBU Heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to the Board of Directors and Executive Management Team
- Post graduate qualifications in Accounting or Finance
- +2 years experience within Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong presentational skills required
- Experience in multi-location Group’s preferred
- Commercially aware with experience in all aspects of financial and management accounts
- Ability to think strategically, taking into account the wider objectives of the group
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Highly organised and disciplined
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to build rapport and effective working relationships with senior business stakeholders
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A DETAILED JOB SPEC, PLEASE APPLY