Rutherford Cross are supporting PRA Group with their appointment of a Financial Controls Testing Analyst. As a global leader in acquiring and collecting nonperforming loans, PRA Group returns capital to banks and other creditors to help expand financial services for consumers. With thousands of employees worldwide, PRA Group companies collaborate with customers to help them resolve their debt and provide a broad range of additional revenue and recovery services to business clients.
This role will be joining a well-established team where the focus is on the timely execution of assessment activities relating to the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting. A large part of the role will involve documenting process flows, communicating findings and providing recommendations to process owners.
A summary of some of the key duties are detailed below:
- Execute and document results of assigned control testing utilizing standardised work papers
- Obtain and maintain appropriate audit evidence.
- Interview process owners to obtain understanding of processes in order to create/update process documentation (flowcharts).
- Assist with follow up of open audit requests and agreed management remediation activities.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with process and control owners across the business, to stay informed about changes in the business and to assess impact to the testing programme
- Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to meet stated deadlines.
- Provide status updates to help monitor the annual SOX compliance programme
- Participate in global SOX and Financial Control annual training initiatives with process and/or control owners, Financial Control team resources and others supporting the SOX programme initiatives, regulatory updates, or other functional training as appropriate.
- Participate in process/control improvement projects as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of SOX and / or compliance experience, recent public accounting would be highly beneficial
- Some knowledge of internal controls and auditing
- Great attention to detail and work ethic
- Effective time management and prioritisation to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Visio. Access, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
This role offers a hybrid working model with a salary range of £30,000 to 33,000 and a good benefits package. The company operate in a highly collaborative environment and the candidate will benefit from development and training as well as future career progression. The role will suit ideally a part qualified/qualified by experience candidate.