Rutherford Cross is working with a well-respected Public Sector Organisation to recruit a Financial Controls, Compliance & Insurance Analyst. Based in Glasgow with locations throughout the UK and internationally. This role would suit a part-qualified accountant, ideally with experience in working in audit or a strong controls/ compliance background.
The purpose of the role of Financial Controls, Compliance & Insurance Analyst is to strengthen the organisation’s existing financial control framework. The post holder will be responsible for providing assurance to management that key financial controls are in place and being operated correctly through a cycle of process reviews and control testing.
On offer is a salary of up to £33k (depending on experience) and an exceptional benefits package including 41 days annual leave, 23.7% employer contribution pension and the option for study support if desired.
We are looking to speak with part-qualified accountants (CA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) who are enthusiastic about developing their knowledge and skillset within a large finance function.Key Responsibilities:
- Support the senior manager in developing a robust financial control framework by applying specialist knowledge and experience of the controls required over financial transactions in a large organisation
- Contribute to the development of, and responsible for implementing, a programme of controls testing to check whether financial controls are designed, implemented and operating effectively and making recommendations for improvement
- To provide high-quality advice and guidance to stakeholders on a broad range of queries and issues (including; new business development and change projects, what constitutes effective financial controls, and appropriate remediation actions)
- Perform analysis of the organisation’s financial data, highlighting and prioritising issues for further investigation and preparing reports to support decision making
- Assist in ensuring that the organisation’s Financial Regulations and supporting policies & procedures are regularly reviewed and updated
- To research, collate, organise and edit internal audit recommendations material for inclusion in reports to the Audit & Risk Committee
- Ensure all documents, records, analyses and logs required for insurance purposes are maintained
- Responsible for arranging hoc insurance as required
- To provide support to the senior managers with the planning and delivering of the annual policy renewal, and periodic tendering exercises, ensuring that all insurance policies are renewed in a timely manner and on beneficial terms
- Daily triage of the insurance mailbox
- Process, update and reconcile financial records with respect to a broad range of insurance matters to ensure records are maintained in line with procedures, regulations and legislation
- To provide professional advice and guidance to stakeholders on a broad range of insurance matters as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part-qualified accountant, currently studying towards completing their professional studies
- Detailed knowledge and experience of financial governance procedures
- Ability to learn and understand new, specialist and complex technical concepts, information, and procedures
- Proven problem solving & analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of operational requirements, including conceptualising and interpreting service requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Word, Excel & Outlook
- Experience within either an audit or financial controls environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong service delivery ethos
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative
- Self-motivated and a desire to learn with the ability to work independently.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross on 07432482882/ [email protected]