Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by a key client in Aberdeen to recruit a newly created Financial Controller.
Our client are a well established global manufacturing business head quartered in Aberdeen who are out to market for an ambitious Financial Controller to be based on site reporting directly into the CFO.
A Financial Controller role has become available to bolster the senior finance function, support the CFO in the planning & budgeting process and timely & accurate reporting of management and statutory accounts for all of the Group companies. The Financial Controller will lead the core UK Finance team and report directly into the CFO.
This will be a high-profile focused role with extensive reporting and operational interaction. The individual will also be involved in group wide projects will need to be able to work in a high paced, manufacturing environment.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated finance professional who wants to work in a growth backed environment and within a company that can provide a firm career platform with good opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
• All aspects of statutory reporting, ensuring adherence to relevant accounting standards and deadlines.
• Form opinion and evaluate impact of technical matters/disclosure and recommend appropriate policies to senior management/audit committee
• Key contact for external advisors including banks,auditors, tax advisors, etc.
Risk & Control
• Ensure a robust financial control environment
• Design internal controls to mitigate financial risk and ensure they are fit for purpose and operate as in intended
• Maintain all records, registers and books of accounts
• Ensure all filing requirements are met
• Ensure a fully functioning daily, weekly and monthly cash forecasting system
• Work with financial institutions (banks, factoring, suppliers) to assist with cash flow
• Ensure covenant compliance with key investors
• Manage the factoring programmes for the UK companies as part of the asset financing programme
Own Projects and Strategic Initiatives
• Provide technical leadership and direction to the businesses, partnering with the senior management team on an ongoing basis
• Manage implementation of finance & controlling modules of the IT systems
• Develop a team, ensuring clear lines of responsibility
• Actively manage personal development for self and team
• Manage team to meet business objectives
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
• Proven track record in leading and motivating teams within and across functions
• Experience of developing outstanding relationships across the businesses
• A background in organisations or environments with a high degree of complexity, ideally international experience
• Experience in presenting at senior management level
• A proven relationship builder with the ability to increase co-operation across departments and sites
• Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
• Professionally qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with PQE consummate with a role at this level of responsibility
• Ability to prioritise and adapt to workload
• Strong analytical, organisational and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence key members of senior management
• Ability to assess and drive business improvement projects
• Excellent IT skills, with a proven track record in optimising finance systems
• Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
• Brings energy and naturally motivates teams
• High levels of drive and personal commitment to achieve success
• Remains calm when under pressure
• Commercially curious and relishes challenges
• Results driven and respect for deadlines
• Anticipates stakeholder needs
• Not afraid to challenge the status quo and evaluate/present alternatives as required
• Strong team player
F0r a full position profile/confidential discussion please contact our retained advisor John Ramsay- [email protected]