Rutherford Cross is retained by CMS Window Systems in Cumbernauld to recruit a Financial Controller.
CMS Window Systems design, manufacture and install PVCu and aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling systems. The business provides premium quality, energy efficient products to an impressive and diverse range of clients across the UK including; main contractors, local authorities, housing associations, house builders, and also to their exclusive network of CMS Approved Trade and Retailer Partners. The design team at CMS works in partnership with some of the country’s best-known construction companies on significant commercial projects. CMS ensure their portfolio of industry leading products utilise components supplied from some of the world’s most innovative companies such as; Saint-Gobain, Kawneer, Metal Technology, Geze and Yale.
The business currently employs around 280 people and operates at a turnover of £40m with year on year growth of around 10% with a projected turnover of over £60m by 2021.
The Financial Controller is an integral part of the CMS team in Castlecary and will report directly into the Finance Director. The role has become available due to an internal promotion and is integral to the future projected growth. As the business continues to grow and diversify, so too does the need for an ambitious Financial Controller who has the ability to progress
within the business.
The organisation represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated qualified accountant who wants to work in a high growth environment. In addition, the business will provide a firm career platform with good opportunity for personal and professional development as well as the mandate to shape and define how the role evolves. It is envisaged that over time this role will develop and grow and therefore it is key that applicants are flexible and adaptable to those changes.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business which is leading the way in its field and contribute to its future success by playing a key role in its journey.
The Financial Controller will work closely with senior stakeholders across the business and will be a key point of contact for finance.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
• Manage cash on a daily basis
• Management responsibility for transaction processing teams including purchase / sales ledger and credit control
• To prepare monthly management accounts, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
• To prepare monthly analysis of operational expenses against budget, prior year and forecast, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks
• To conduct monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Support the FD in the preparation of budgets and forecasts as well as the monitoring and analysis of business performance against budgets and forecasts• To maintain Fixed Asset Register and provide comparison to budgeted Fixed Assets spend
• Capital project appraisal and monitoring
• To ensure timely submission of all statutory requirements i.e. VAT, PAYE etc.
• To assist auditors in the creation of statutory accounts
• To interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
• Supporting other members of the finance team to maintain a range of financial, commercial and operational KPI's to ensure that commercial risks and opportunities are managed and to drive accountability for on-going performance against business and strategic objectives
• Manage 3 members of staff including carrying out appraisals
• To continually review processes to ensure for optimum governance
• To ensure activities undertaken are completed as per agreed timescales
Summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Fully qualified accountant (ICAS, ACCA or CIMA) with the relevant PQE
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads
• Comfortable preparing and presenting financial information to key stakeholders
• Strong statutory and monthly consolidation experience for management accounts
• Working with a number of external parties including audit, tax, banking and insurance
• Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
• An individual on the “upward” curve of their career who could step up into a Finance Director role in time
• Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
• Application to detail and presentation
• Experience with Sage 200 is preferable
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel skills, ideally having prior experience of using pivot tables, vlookups and large, detailed excel tables
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
• Willing and able to look for continuous improvement both personally and within the finance function
Please note Rutherford Cross are the retained advisors on this assignment, therefore all third party CV's will be forwarded for consideration in the process.