Our market leading client is seeking a high calibre qualified accountant to fulfil a key operationally focused finance role. Reporting to the Finance Director, the role is responsible for a wide range of deliverables, including financial planning, management information provision and driving cost reduction initiatives.
Specifically, this will include:
- Responsibility for planning and managing the quarterly forecast and annual budget processes
- Controlling and improving the period end reporting process
- Developing and tracking performance against KPIs in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Providing insightful decision support to operations and ensuring that the strategic direction of the business is maintained
- Reviewing of external contracts and driving their commercial value to the business
- Delivering cost reduction projects and leading initiatives to improve operational performance
- Ensuring the presence of robust financial controls and procedures
- Managing and developing a small finance team
To be considered for this role, you will be a degree educated, qualified accountant with significant experience gained in complex, large scale business environments. You will possess sound technical accounting ability, coupled with proven operational/commercial finance skills and a natural ability to balance the expectations of numerous senior stakeholders.
You must possess well developed financial analysis and commercial evaluation skills, possessing a commitment to delivering high quality management information. In addition, you will work in partnership with operations to deliver cost savings across the organisation.
Salary Details: £70,000 - £75,000 plus excellent benefits