Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Multi to recruit a Financial Controller for their St Enoch Centre shopping centre site in Glasgow City Centre.
Multi is a leading retail asset, mall management and (re)developer of high quality shopping centres across Europe and Turkey. As a well-capitalised, growth-oriented, pan-European retail platform Multi is focused on creating, managing and improving sustainable rental income. Multi currently owns or manages over 130 shopping centres, which welcome more than 400 million visitors per year, spending an estimated 4 billion euros annually in more than 6,000 stores, restaurants and attractions. Multi has over 650 employees across its mall management, asset management, development and support businesses and operates in 13 countries, including the Netherlands, where it is headquartered,
The business runs the St Enoch Centre contract in Glasgow City Centre. The St Enoch Centre is going through an exciting period of investment with multiple high value project improvements in the pipeline. They are looking for a strong technical Financial Controller to lead the site and overtime take on other shopping centre entities that the business is looking to acquire over time as they grow their footprint across the UK.
The Financial Controller is an integral part of St Enoch Centre operation, heading up the finances for the centre, the centre management company and some other Multi UK entities and report directly into the Regional Finance Director based in Ireland. As the business continues to grow and diversify so too does the need of the individual as the role will progress and widen. The Financial Controller role sits within the St Enoch Centre in Glasgow overseeing a group of 5 legal entities. The centre has an asset value of over £200 million with multiple new projects in the pipeline over the next couple of years with a new cinema being installed onsite.
The organisation represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated qualified accountant who wants to work in a growing business environment. In addition, the business will provide a firm career platform with good opportunity for personal and professional development as well as the mandate to shape and define how the role evolves. It is envisaged that over time this role will develop and grow and therefore it is key that applicants are flexible and adaptable to those changes.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
• Oversee all the accounts of entities managed by Multi UK
• Preparing and publishing timely quarterly reports including analyses of actuals against budget and forecasts against budgets
• Preparing business plans for entities managed by Multi UK
• Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Inventory accounting
• Preparing the financial statements of the Multi managed entities and first point of contact for auditors
• Preparing quarterly project progress reports
• Act as sparring partner of the Finance Director
• Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and within reporting deadlines with any queries resolved in a timely manner
• Ensure quality control over financial processes, transactions and reporting
• Implement improvements and developments to management accounts outputs and processes
Actively involved in cash management within the business ensuring that the group cash position and forecasts are accurate, understood, managed and follow banking covenants
• Supervise and manage finance department staff
• Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ad hoc projects, analysis as required
• Participating in projects initiated by HQ
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• Qualified accountant with appropriate post-qualification experience
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with business acumen, pragmatism and a good sense of diplomacy
• Proven ability to build relationships at all levels
• Highly developed oral, written and presentation skills
• Motivated self-starter with a flexible working attitude
• A strong team player, with a desire to make a significant contribution to the Finance Department
• Excellent IT skills including MS office and a good working knowledge of accounting systems
• Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business and happy to travel to other UK locations as required
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience)
Bonus: 15% on target (30% max)
Pension: 7% employer contribution
Plus other additional benefits. Please note all 3rd party CV's will be forwarded to the retained partner Rutherford Cross to include in the assessment.