Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with a global technology business based in Edinburgh looking to appoint a Financial Accountant.
Due to the continued international growth of our organisation, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Financial Reporting and Operations function as a legal entity Financial Accountant. This is newly created role is primarily focused on managing the financial reporting of the 4 legal entities that the team is responsible for. Due to the continued growth of the legal entities the environment has become more complicated with increased inter-company transactions being required. As such this is a unique opportunity to come into and organisation and make real difference.
Key responsibilities would include
- Managing the overall integrity of the financial statements for each of our legal entities:
- Includes producing and managing balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring that all intercompany transactions are completed and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Working alongside local tax experts to ensure compliance in each of the locations we have a presence (VAT, Corporate and transfer pricing)
- Managing foreign exchange considerations
- Take the lead on the audit process for each of our legal entities and act as main contact for auditor
- Submit financials on a quarterly basis for group consolidation
- Prepare financial board meeting paper for each legal entity
- Other ad hoc activities as required, working closely with other team members including the CFO
- The role is based in Edinburgh however would be part of a global finance team
- You will need to maintain strong communication skills, will be a team player and display a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- The position would suit a recently qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA), potentially with prior experience in audit who was looking to make a move from practice to industry.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits packaging.