Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with one of our key clients to appoint a Financial Accountant. Based in Glasgow, our client offers a highly flexible & hybrid working pattern, alongside a salary of up to £45,000.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in the smooth running of the team and supporting the wider Finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting of all key Finance tasks (month end, group reporting, annual stats).
Our client has a highly reputable name and a track record of developing and promoting staff. This upward mobility has created a hugely positive culture. As the person who previously performed this role is still in the team in a promoted position, you will have their experience and knowledge to lean on as you join the business. Whilst prior direct line management is not required, a track record of supervision and developing staff would be advantageous as you will head up a team of 4.
Ideally, we are looking to speak to qualified accountants who currently work in the commerce industry, or are looking to make their first move into industry from practice. We are keen to speak with individuals who want to join a growing business where they can develop their careers. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, and possesses the strength of personality to interface with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
- Support the Finance Manager in the review of all the accounting and financial reporting deliverables of the wider team
- Management and support of the development of direct reports
- Review of key Finance reports (P&L /Balance Sheet) including the provision of supporting variance analysis to ensure monthly submission deadlines are met
- Oversee and control the treasury function
- Responsible for Full Balance Sheet Management, including substantiation of all reconciliation work carried out by the team
- Submission of quarterly VAT, P11d, PSA and PPPR to HMRC
- Lead the Statutory accounts process and liaise with the Auditors during the external audit process
- Ensure all Group requests are addressed timely and accurately
- Maintain intercompany reconciliations and strong relations with intra-group colleagues
- Work with key business managers, providing quality financial information to assist with operational decision-making
- Maintain finance processes and ensure that all processes comply with Internal & External Audit recommendations and guidelines
- Participation in ad-hoc projects
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market-leading opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross at 07967 289 404 / [email protected]