An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join a global drinks business, based in Glasgow. The individual will be responsible for the annual UK statutory accounts process within the Group, and a key contact for technical accounting queries in the UK.
In this role you will:
- Manage the annual statutory accounts process for two key trading entities and 40+ holding companies
- Prepare the more complex statutory accounts and review the holding companies prepared by others
- Be primary contact for external audit and Company secretarial department on statutory accounts and pension matters
- Provide technical accounting expertise on current UK GAAP and IFRS when requested, and participate in developing the new ESG reporting requirements
- Have responsibility for the accuracy of the accounting of key technical areas such as distributable reserves; share based payments; UK group derivatives; cashflow hedging and defined benefit pension schemes
- Prepare quarterly reporting, bi-annual forecasts and annual budget for submission to Group for certain key holding companies.
- Contribute to providing financial support for annual and ad-hoc corporate transactions
- Management of a Finance Graduate
This role would be ideal for a qualified accountant (CA/ACCA or equivalent) with comprehensive knowledge of IFRS / UK GAAP and the audit demands of statutory accounts. Experience of preparing statutory accounts using industry standard software is a must-have, and practical experience of a transactional ledger and inter-company reporting would be beneficial.
Proactive and results orientated, you will exhibit high levels of accuracy and quality in your work. You will also have well developed written and oral communication skills to enable the presentation of results in an effective manner to support business decisions. You will be expected to have excellent interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the Company.
- Salary £45,000-£55,000 depending on experience
- Bonus up to 10%
- 25 days holiday plus stats
- Working hours Mon-Thurs 8:30-5, Fri 8:30-12:30
- Professional fees paid
- Product allowance
- Share scheme