I am delighted to be working in partnership with one of Scotland’s most prestigious privately owned businesses to appoint a Financial Accountant. This is a newly created position in line with group’s consistent growth over the past few years. The business is looking to appoint a part-qualified accountant who can oversee an Accounts Assistant but will be involved in month end procedures. It is foreseen that as the individual grows within the role they can progress within the business and to this end they are happy to provide study support alongside a highly competitive package.
Ideally, we are looking to speak with part-qualified accountants from either practice or industry who are looking to move into a varied role in a highly successful and reputable business that will offer them significant opportunities to progress their career. They are happy to see candidates from a variety of backgrounds as personality fit and ambition are vitally important. The role reports into the Group Financial Controller who has a track record of developing staff.
- Working with the accounts assistant to ensure that:
- Purchase invoice register is complete and purchase invoices are processed and paid on a timely basis when authorised.
- Sales Invoices including recharges are raised monthly
- Daily bank reconciliations are performed
- monthly expense claims are processed and paid
- monthly credit card statements are reconciled and posted
- management of purchase ledger and sales ledger – ensuring that direct debit payments are posted and matched with related invoices
- Preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations
- monitoring of aged debtors and undertaking any necessary follow up
- preparation and submission of quarterly vat returns.
- supporting the Group Financial Controller with the annual audit.
- Assisting with any ad hoc matters which arise
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on [email protected] / 07494 280 500.