Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with a leading Financial Services provider to recruit a Financial Accountant. The business is currently experiencing a period of significant growth and as such needs additional support within its Finance Function. The role reports into the Finance Manager but as they will shortly be progressing into a bigger position it is foreseen that the successful appointed individual for this role will move into the Finance Manager position over time – managing a team and taking on further responsibility.
This role will be responsible for the preparation and completion of annual group statutory and monthly group management accounts combined with a day-to-day involvement in the operations of the business. The candidate will be qualified, ideally coming from practice (although strong industry qualified will be considered), with a strong technical background and exposure to a wide variety of small to medium sized enterprises including liaising with key management. An ability to work as a small team and coach its junior members are also required. In our dynamic organisation advanced use of Excel is essential as is the ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
On offer is a salary of up to 45k + bonus + hybrid working.
- Production of monthly consolidated management accounts including relevant commentary
- Collaborate with senior members of the finance team to prepare monthly management information pack
- Collaborate with financial planning and analysis part of the finance team to improve group performance and reporting
- Reporting & accounting as required for regulatory and legal purposes, including management and statutory accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliation, analysis and control
- KPI Reporting and Variance Analysis for our operational teams
- Assist with management of the annual audit process
- Liaison with tax accountants and review of tax returns
- Assistance with payment runs, banking and cashflow forecasting
- Development and coaching of junior staff
- Liaise with external auditors, company solicitors, banks and suppliers regularly
- Risk management and implementation of improvements to financial control and procedures
- Ad hoc project support
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]