Rutherford Cross is delighted to be exclusively partnered with a large multi-national company to help them appoint the newly created position of Financial Accountant. This is a wide ranging analytical and reporting role with responsibility for supporting the monthly reporting process, with various analysis and accounts preparation, for a designated list of countries within the EAPAC region.
You will be joining a close-knit team in the Glasgow office with highly flexible working practices. Long term the expectation isn’t going to be more than a day in the office with flexible working hours on top of this. We need some who is technically strong but also has strong soft skills as you will be interfacing with colleagues globally and reporting on occasion to a CFO in the US. On offer is a salary up to 45k + a further package including a bonus.
Ideally, looking for someone fully qualified making their first move out of practice or someone who has qualified in industry looking for a step up. We will also consider finalists for this position.
Financial Reporting & Control:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for submission to Corporate HQ, incorporating preparation/review of journals and supporting analysis, within required timescale and in accordance with corporate policies
- Coordinate and oversee payroll for designated countries – approval of payroll prior to payment, preparation/review of payroll journals
- Liaise with local payroll providers to ensure all returns and payments of employer’s social security costs and employee tax and social security deductions are filed and paid on time
- Prepare monthly revenue calculations, hold meetings with Operations to determine the headcount per program and post to GL
- Prepare & present standard variance analysis of actual data vs. budget/forecast data for review on monthly EAPAC P&L call
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley procedures are followed
- Ensure effective internal controls are applied to all accounting functions and recommend improvements as required
- Liaise with Corporate on monthly reporting and other ad hoc requests and respond to such requests promptly and accurately
- Preparation of annual budgets and CE/forecasting on a quarterly basis
- Cash flow forecasts and requests
- Principal contact for internal and external auditors and other regulatory bodies – ensure all Statutory Accounts and tax returns are filed within the required timescale
- Liaise with regulatory authorities re VAT returns, WHT and national statistical returns etc.
Analysis & Interpretation:
- SBU reporting - monthly management reporting to SBU Leaders
- Work with Operations to prepare annual budget and CE forecasts for revenue & direct costs
- Presentation and detailed explanation of results to Senior Manager
- Provide standard variance analysis of actual data vs. prior year and budget/forecast
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as requested by the business and management
- Business partner with Operations to provide financial acumen to support commercial decisions
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross for an initial confidential discussion on 07494 280 500 or [email protected]