I am delighted to be working in partnership with one of Scotland’s most prestigious privately owned businesses to help recruit for a Financial Accountant. The role itself is very varied. It is a combination of financial accounting across two of the business entities, management accounts preparation for these and presenting them at board meetings alongside business partnering with senior stakeholders across multiple projects.
Ideally, looking for a fully qualified accountant with experience in the construction, infrastructure sectors. However, they are open to considering people straight from practice or alternatively PQ/QBE if they have the correct sector experience. They are based in Stirling and have implemented a flexible working model that will require two days in the office. Salary 45-50k with some flexibility at the top end for a superstar.
Due to the size of the business and its continued growth, there are significant opportunities to progress internally.
- Preparation of Budgets for the forthcoming year and liaising with shareholders and funders for approval in line with the legal documents
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts and liaising with auditors to ensure that filing deadlines are met
- Liaison with tax advisors regarding the annual Tax computation ensuring timely submission
- Overseeing Quarterly VAT returns
- Overseeing CIS returns as necessary
- Liaising with the Senior Lender’s model auditor to resolve any queries raised on the Ops Model
- Management of the process of subordinated debt and dividend distributions
- Overseeing the day-to-day financial transactions for several Robertson Group Companies
- Monthly and year-end Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Overseeing the collation of Board reports and the management accounts for presentation at the relevant Board meetings
- Attendance at the Board meetings, presenting/taking questions on any financial matters
- Preparation of Board minutes and liaising with Chairman to agree the minutes
What you'll need:
- Experience in a relevant position
- Qualified Accountant or qualified by experience
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Accuracy - numeracy and written
- Organised and Reliable
- Microsoft Excel –Basic or above
- Microsoft Word – Basic or above
- Adobe or other PDF writers – Basic or above
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please get in contact with Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500. Alternatively, you can drop him a note at [email protected] to organise a confidential discussion.