Rutherford Cross is excited to be partnering with a high-profile Glasgow based business to recruit a Financial Accountant. This is an exceptional opportunity for a recently qualified CA to join a large scale organisation. The role is suited to a CA with experience of auditing clients operating under IFRS.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting and Controls, this newly created role will provide all technical accounting including production of the statutory and group accounts, various tax returns and other franchise commitments.
Key duties include:
- Management of accurate and timely production of financial returns required for management reporting, statutory reporting and reporting to partners and stakeholders
- Lead the relationship with external auditors, through timetable coordination and provision of information
- Manage the integrity of the ledger with comprehensive reconciliations and appropriate controls, hierarchy changes and delegated authority approvals
- Manage the coordination of the statutory year end and group year-end process ensuring delivery to partner timetables and compliance with business planning
- Manage the delivery of the VAT and corporation tax returns and analysis ensuring delivery to applicable timescales
- Management of the capitalisation policy ensuring process efficiencies are implemented and the asset register is established and maintained on a periodic basis
- Identify, design, develop and implement process, technology and business change improvements and lead the creation, update and approval of procedures, work instructions and documented controls that deliver financial and process benefits
- Coach, advise and challenge thinking to deliver a compliant and professional service the fits operating plans and processes
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Build strong working relationships across all functions including providing training / guidance in advance of reporting periods
- Salary £40,000-£50,000
- Exceptional pension scheme
- Fantastic career development prospects