Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with a rapidly growing entrepreneurial business in Lanarkshire to appoint the newly created position of Finance Manager. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance function. It is foreseen that over time you would also be responsible for managing the team that sits below you and due to the growth of the business, there is an opportunity for you to scale your own career in line with the business’s growth.
For this position, my client is looking to appoint a qualified accountant. They are happy to consider someone making their first move from practice or someone industry qualified who is seeking to step into a broader role with more responsibility. This isn’t a hugely technical role so what is more important is the strength of personality and interpersonal skills alongside the drive and desire to be part of a growth story and help drive the function forward.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of a busy finance department, working closely with the Head of Finance to ensure all department targets are achieved
- Responsible for review and submission of monthly management accounts including P&L, Balance sheet and cash flow, covering all group entities
- Review & sign off the balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Finance Team and provide relevant feedback and actions to be taken
- Develop financial reporting to add value to the business
- Monitor company cashflow daily
- Oversee the purchase ledger function, ensuring timely processing of purchase invoices, cash allocation and supplier statement reconciliation
- Review finance team prepared group VAT returns
- Support the monthly payroll process, ensuring this is processed accurately and to the required deadlines
- Ensure all relevant taxes are correctly calculated, accounted for and paid over to relevant authorities (eg VAT, PAYE, NIC)
- Liaise with auditors and advisors regarding the year-end audit process and financial accounts preparation
- Maintain s1process workflows, procedures, and management information for all areas of finance team responsibility
- Ensure compliance with financial controls
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the company’s ERP and finance systems
Salary £47,000. For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross.