Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by a long-established, entrepreneur-led, privately owned business to appoint a Finance Manager.
This opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion and represents an excellent opportunity to join a growing and agile business at a key stage in its growth trajectory. Salary is up to £40k (with some stretch for a superstar). Based in East Kilbride with a flexible working model, so there is an opportunity to work from home 2 days per week.
We are looking for a part qualified or ‘QBE’ Accountant who has the drive and determination to play a key role in a fast-moving and ever-changing business environment. This role represents a fabulous opportunity to join a well-established business which continues to grow both organically and through acquisition.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts within tight reporting deadlines
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns & EC Sales List Reporting – UK and Europe
- Overseeing Sales Out Allowance and Marketing Claims process
- Managing of AP and AR functions
- Payment run approval
- Acting as lead contact with external auditors and advisors/partners
- Payroll and HR duties
- Provide a business partnering service to other departments
- Working with IT to automate/improve current processes where possible
- Part qualified accountant – CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, with previous management accounting experience, ideally in a fast-moving business
- Self-starter, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to resolve complex issues
- Advance excel and good systems knowledge is essential
- Experience using an ERP package would be a benefit
- Prior staff management experience/exposure is desirable although not necessary, as the existing finance team is well placed to run and support effectively
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please get in contact with Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]