Rutherford Cross is pleased to have been retained by Tillicoultry Quarries to appoint a Finance Manager.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, this represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, qualified accountant to step into a varied position in a growing, family-owned business. In the last 4 years, Tillicoultry Quarries have grown significantly from circa £50 million to over £100 million through both M&A activity and organically. They have also recently moved into purpose-built offices.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with fully qualified accountants (ICAS, CIMA, ACCA). We are happy to consider those in practice seeking a first move into the commercial industry, or those already in industry seeking a step up into a genuine number two role with broad responsibilities that sits as part of the finance leadership team. The key to success in this role will be going beyond producing management accounts and understanding the wider business. You will play an important role in the analysis and understanding of business performance, as well as the key drivers behind it.
- Preparing, analysing, interpreting and communicating the monthly management accounts for multiple entities
- Identifying business insight, as well as developing business analysis and reporting tools
- Full reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Full responsibility and accountability for the Fixed Asset Register
- Leading the annual statutory audit and liaising with the external Auditors
- Financial Planning and Analysis and preparing business forecasts
- Assisting the FD and Accounts Manager in developing and implementing business process improvements
- Supporting the finance team with debtor and creditor management
- Ad hoc activities as required
For more information on remuneration or for an initial confidential discussion, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross - 07494 280 500 / [email protected].