Rutherford Cross is exclusively partnered with a family-owned business who are well known in their market and over the last few years have also diversified moving into different sectors to widen their offering. Due to growth and expansion, they are now looking to add the newly created role of Finance Manager to the team to report directly to the Finance Director.
This role will sit within the Group Finance function and be responsible for hands on management of the finance team as well as controlling all management and financial reporting including consolidation. The role will also offer the opportunity to have extensive involvement in commercial decision making, supporting the Finance Director with M&A activity. The role will be a key appointment for the company offering broad exposure to working with the Board and supporting the business while they continue on their exciting growth journey.
A summary of some of the key duties are below:
- Leading a finance team of both transactional finance staff and management accountants
- Overview of management accounts information and ensuring the supporting insight and analysis is provided
- Control of statutory accounts process
- Consolidated financial reporting
- Overseeing Payroll and Credit Control
- Cashflow analysis
- Supporting the Finance Director with commercial activities including financial modelling and M&A activity
- Ensuring month end schedule goes to plan
This role will offer a lot of autonomy with new ideas and process improvements being encouraged as well as plenty of development opportunity, gaining exposure to high level commercial activities. The company are keen to appoint an ambitious individual and can set out a defined career path for the right individual. For this role it is essential you are a fully qualified accountant – CA/CIMA/ACCA, with experience of staff management and ideally coming from a consolidated or group reporting environment. Commercial acumen is key as well as being able to work collaboratively towards common goals.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 depending on experience as well as bonus opportunity. The role will be based on site where there is free parking and a gym.