The Finance Manager will be a pivotal member of the finance team, providing support to the Head of Finance and Finance Director in establishing a finance function that is optimised and capable
of supporting the implementation of Bute Energy’s strategic plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This role will support the Head of Finance to develop the finance function and set it up for success ensuring that the systems, processes and reporting are in place for future growth.
• Lead frequent discussions with relevant teams across the business to ensure appropriate and
accurate budget information is captured
• Ensure the month-to-month maintenance of all project forecast budgets
• Ensure the central budget forecast is maintained and all payments allocated appropriately
• Ensure all project payments are processed and reflected appropriately in relevant budgets
• Perform accurate and appropriate budget variance analysis to be presented to head of finance
month to month
• Initial preparation of financial information to appropriate stakeholder committees i.e. Projects
and Investments Committees, New Business Committee and the Finance & Audit Committee
• Responsibility for initial review of VAT returns for submission
• Responsibility for initial review of payroll documents for submission and payment
• Ensure month end close processing dates are communicated to team and adhered to i.e.
reconciliation performed and reviewed
• Responsibility for performance of external audit processes and procedures
• Responsibility for performance of internal audit requirements – agreed upon control procedure
The above responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the incumbent may be called
upon to carry out such other appropriate alternative or additional duties as may be required,
which are within their capability and competence.
Cultural fit is crucial and a key element of the candidate appointment. The Finance Manager position requires a professionally qualified accountant who has either trained within the profession and looking to make their first move into industry or those who have qualified in industry within a similar organisation.
It is critical that the Finance Manager can effectively support the Head of Finance, while consistently meeting the needs of key stakeholders both within and external to the business. This is a key appointment for Bute Energy which will support the Head of Finance to develop the finance function.
Knowledge, Skills and Core Competencies Required
• A dynamic, driven, and proactive professional who is attracted to a high growth environment
that demands a pro-active approach
• A qualified accountant (CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with strong technical accounting
knowledge, ideally 0-3 years PQE
• Demonstrable ability to take responsibility for the production of forecast budgets for central
costs and projects
• Strong communication skills (presentations, reports, documents)
• Experience in year-end audit procedures and requirements
• Understanding of financial month end close procedures and timeline to complete
• Excellent Excel proficiency
• Organised and pragmatic with an ability to find solutions to challenging problems
• Ability to build strong, cooperative, and productive relationships with the wider development
• Highly professional with an ability to adopt a Partnership approach and build a strong rapport
with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong commercial acumen, resilience, confidence and willingness to excel with a focus on
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
• Intellectually curious with a broad business skillset
• Resilient: remains calm and effective under pressure
• A proactive self-starter
• Someone who is passionate, determined and will take accountability