This role will involve elements of management reporting, process improvement and business support to senior management. The activities under the successful candidate’s remit will materially relate to the head office functions of a FTSE registered public limited company and to support global initiatives to improve processes worldwide and improve the efficiency of the Group’s ground support equipment (GSE) and IT functions.
The role will involve significant exposure to senior business leaders within the group and external advisers and auditors.
- Active finance business support and challenge to senior management budget owners in Central head office support functions, particularly but not limited to the GSE, IT, and HR functions.
- Cost challenge and management of Central functions on behalf of senior management for the department under their remit.
- Responsibility for timely and accurate preparation of accruals, budgets and forecasts to support the monthly management accounts for the Central support functions.
- Finance owner of the c£5m per annum global contract for outsourced IT service provision.
- Managing and accounting for the group’s £100m right-of–use asset and Central’s leased property asset portfolios.
- Support the group’s initiatives to standardise processes worldwide and seek efficiencies in finance processes.
- Preparing various UK statutory accounts to an auditable standard.
- Preparation of papers to seek approval for capital expenditure by department heads under remit.
- Review and approval of Group payments and hedging transactions.
- Involvement in Group internal audits and process reviews.
- Various ad hoc projects for Financial Controller and other senior Finance team members.
Essential qualifications and skills
- An ACA/CA or equivalent accounting qualification.
- High levels of drive and initiative with the ability to problem solve and think analytically.
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels across the Group, particularly with senior and executive management and ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Good organisational skills including the ability to effectively identify deadlines and prioritise work.
- Excellent working knowledge of spreadsheet, work processing and presentation software and the Group’s accounting and reporting systems.