Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working in partnership with a long-standing, successful construction business to appoint a Finance Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity for a qualified or QBE accountant looking to play a key role in a business that prides itself on looking after its people.
The role will report to the Divisional Managing Director and provide support and input to the Group Finance Director
- Full responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the finance function, taking a hands-on approach;
- Integral member of the management team with input to the operational and strategic decision-making of the business;
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and investigation / explanation of variances arising;
- Management of the nominal ledger, including review of balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of forecasts and annual budgets, including profit & loss, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts;
- Review of financial systems and reporting requirements.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts;
- Liaison with external auditors.
- Either educated to Degree level or equivalent, qualified
- CIMA/ACCA (or other recognised accounting qualification) or qualified by experience
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel is essential, including use of Pivot Tables and Vlookups
- Knowledge of Sage is desirable
- Salary: £40,000
- Private healthcare
- 33 days annual leave
- Company pension
- Discretionary bonus
- Hours: 35 hours per week