Rutherford Cross is delighted to bring to market an exclusive Finance Manager role with a leading manufacturer in Glasgow.
- Preparation and distribution of accurate monthly management reports and weekly KPIs, ensuring compliance with all internal and Group deadlines.
- Assistance in the preparation of timely and accurate quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Continuous improvement of business systems and processes, minimising the potential of reporting issues.
- Manage and develop a small finance team
- Preparation of monthly stock valuations and attendance at bi-annual stock counts.
- Providing financial support for product costings and sales quotations in a timely manner.
- Analyse and evidence monthly accruals and prepayments including all balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare and submit all monthly government and statutory returns.
- Assistance in the preparation of year end audit files and statutory financial reports including completion of the annual corporation tax pack.
- Meet all required deadlines through effective planning and organisation.
- Attention to detail – consistently providing accurate and meaningful financial information.
- Contribution to continuous improvement of the finance function.
- Build and maintain strong and effective working relationships across the company.
Experience and competences required
- Relevant professional accounting qualification.
- Significant management accounting experience in a high paced environment.
- Highly numerate with strong IT (MS Excel) and financial analysis skills.
- Dynamics 365 and/or Power BI experience would be advantageous.
- Prior experience of responsibility for direct people management.
- Attention to detail with a can do attitude and a strong sense of ownership.
- Confident, self-motivated and works on own initiative - thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Manufacturing background/experience would be advantageous.