Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with a respected Scottish business operating in the retail sector to identify and engage a high calibre individual to undertake a key role within the organisation. Due to substantial external investment the company is now entering a period of significant growth, which will require a scaling up of the finance function including a number of new hires.
The remit is quite wide ranging and will include day-to-day financial control, monthly reporting, cashflow forecasting, streamlining processes, and migrating financial risk. Additionally there will be a significant project element to the role as the business scales up. The company operates quite complex systems and a large emphasis is being placed upon ensuring these are fit for purpose and can meet the future needs of the business.
Specifically this will include:
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and support the wider finance team
- Monthly review of the management accounts file and assistance with preparation of hard close
- Assistance with monthly board pack preparation
- Detailed management of cash balances and cash flow forecasting
- Authorisation and review of all payment runs prepared by finance team
- VAT return review & compliance
- Streamlining current finance procedures
- Continuous improvement of financial processes and controls
- Mitigate online fraud exposure through management of online fraud screening rules in addition to strengthening current offline checks
- Monthly payroll review
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a qualified accountant with post qualifying experience gained in industry. The ability to multi task effectively and be flexible in your approach is also essential.
To apply, please contact our advisor Billy McCarthy at Rutherford Cross.