Rutherford Cross has been retained by a commercial real estate investment fund in order to recruit a Finance Manager to be based in Edinburgh. In order to be considered for this role, applicants must have aspirations to progress quickly to a senior finance position.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a hands-on finance role that requires an individual with commitment, drive, and commercial acumen. The ability to build relationships with and influence external stakeholders is a key requirement, as is first class technical accounting skills. As the group is about to undertake a period of significant growth, the role requires an individual who is flexible, robust, and able to work on a variety of projects.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant with up to 5 years PQE
- Confident communicator with excellent inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical skills and technical ability
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Commercial thinking, drive, and professionalism
- First class problem solving and decision making
- Able to perform in a dynamic working environment
- Self-motivated and capable of developing in the current role over time
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the position incorporates a blend of financial management, and external stakeholder engagement. This will be a varied and fast moving role that requires an individual with drive and ambition, with the capacity to grow with the role as the business evolves.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Work closely with external Property Manager’s to ensure property accounts are up to date and accurate
- Consolidated financial reporting for real estate business
- Production of monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- Monthly reconciliation of the P&L and balance sheet
- Cashflow management and reporting
- Preparation of statutory accounts and compliance with relevant Accounting Standards
- Year-end accounts production and liaise with auditors where necessary
- Ensure accountability of asset and property managers in line with service agreements
- CAPEX reporting, CIS, and ongoing review of capital and revenue portions of refurbishment costs
- Ensure appropriate system and internal controls are maintained
- Internal management reporting on asset performance and yield
- Preparation of bank compliance reports
- Cost control and expense functions
- Supervision and weekly reporting of credit control position
- Involvement in ongoing and future projects
- Deputise for the Financial Controller when required
To apply, please contact our retained advisor Billy McCarthy at Rutherford Cross.