Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with Scottish Futures Trust (SFT) to appoint a finance professional to augment the existing Housing Team within SFT. The Scottish Futures Trust is an infrastructure delivery company owned by Scottish Government.
Working with numerous public and private sector partners across our many programmes, it:
- Plans future infrastructure investment
- Innovates to secure new ways to fund essential infrastructure
- Improves the management of existing properties
- Delivers important infrastructure programmes
The Finance Manager will be based within the SFT Home team consisting of three Associate Directors and one Commercial Assistant. The SFT Home team is recognised as a source of innovative solutions to address the challenge facing the housing sector in Scotland and the affordable housing sector in particular, and for translating those ideas into reality. The Finance Manager will be part of an enthusiastic, multi-disciplinary team who work closely together in considering all aspects of new initiatives as well as practical aspects of existing ones. He/she will be responsible for supporting the financial aspects relating to the work streams undertaken by the Housing Team. They will also work closely with public (including Scottish Government) and private sector stakeholders (including housing developers and investors).
He/she will contribute to the production of business cases, develop financial models to support those business cases, coordinate SFT’s technical, financial and legal input into the process and support the setting-up and delivery of new models for the provision of housing across all tenures in Scotland.
- Carry out financial modelling and support the development of financing options /
proposals with assistance from the relevant Associate Directors as required
- Provide financial scrutiny over accounts of the housing joint ventures of which SFT is
- Evaluate and analyse applications for support provided under Scottish Government
guarantee schemes operated by SFT Home
- Assess the financial viability of proposals and projects across a number of housing
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to teams and senior management
- Contribute to the development of new ideas in relation to the affordable housing
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Prepare implementation programmes and other delivery management tools
- Contribute to other SFT programmes and initiatives as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Background in financial modelling, business case development and financing of large
- Expertise of working collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of contributing to innovative ideas
- Experience of working with senior personnel and decision makers
- Private and public sector experience
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to stakeholders
- Excellent written communication abilities
A competitive salary, car allowance and generous pension scheme are on offer.