Rutherford Cross is working with Park Circus on a retained basis to recruit a Finance Operations Manager.
The business is looking to recruit an experienced Finance Operations Manager to run the day to day group finance function, managing a small team. The post-holder will support the Group Financial Controller in the running of the finance function, meeting the needs of stakeholders both within and external to the business, some of which are major corporate organisations
The organisation represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated qualified accountant who wants to work in a high growth, internationally focused business environment. In addition, Park Circus will provide a firm career platform with good opportunity for personal and professional development.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business which is a genuine market leader and contribute to its future success by playing a key role in its journey.
The Finance manager position requires an accountant who comes with experience of supervising a small team. A background in a related sector would be useful, but more important is that the individual can operate effectively in a small to medium sized organisation and has experience of a business with a high degree of complexity.
It is critical that the Finance Operations Manager can effectively support the Group Financial Controller to assist running the finance function, meeting the needs of stakeholders both within and external to the business, some of which are major corporate organisations. It is crucial they can take responsibility for the delivery of accurate and high quality financial information.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Experience of managing and developing a small finance function
- Self-starter, willing to be involved in the detail,
- Confident communicator at every level, with strong inter-personal and influencing skills when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated, organised and capable of developing in the current role over time
- Commercial and analytical approach, displaying drive, and professionalism
- Ability to see the “bigger picture” and how accounting function can contribute to achievement of strategic objectives
- Strong IT skills, ideally with exposure to Sage and strong Excel skills
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Monitoring and managing company cashflow
- Involvement in accurate and timely monthly management reporting
- Maintenance of a strong financial control environment, ensuring robust financial controls and procedures are followed
- Overseeing a small finance team
- Liaising with other key office functions such as IT and HR
- Other ad hoc duties as required and as the business develops
Basic Salary: £30,000- £33,000
Income Protection: Covered for a benefit of 75% of basic annual earnings
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days holiday and statutory English bank holidays
Life Assurance: 4 times basic salary