Rutherford Cross is delighted to be exclusively partnered with one of our key clients to appoint a Finance Business Partner for the North of England. This is a newly created position following a period of sustained growth driven by several contract wins. This is a stakeholder-focused role supporting the Finance Director in the monthly preparation, production and reporting of the financial performance of the company’s contracts. You will also support the contract teams in their understanding of their contract’s financial performance and preparation of their annual budgets.
This position is based in Gateshead/Greater Manchester and on offer is a salary of up to £55,000 + car allowance. Ideally, we are looking to engage with qualified accountants who have a passion for engaging stakeholders and driving business performance. If you have prior experience in a business that deals with portfolios or PFI’s this would be hugely advantageous.
This represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and people-focused accountant to join a growing business at a key point in its growth trajectory. The successful applicant will make an impact by engaging with senior leaders and contract holders, and help to drive growth.
- Produce & review accurate monthly contract accounts and reports to Managers, Directors & Group Board, including variance analysis
- Liaise with the Financial Controller to ensure that the accounting information is completed/processed accurately and within the agreed timescales to enable the Management Information to be prepared, understood and completed in line with company procedures and timelines
- Prepare analysis and commentary of contract performance. Investigate and resolve issues, in a diligent and logical manner within agreed timescales
- Review of individual contract budgets and collation of supporting documentation, and analysis for consolidation and production of 5 year budgets for submission to the board
- Assist in the preparation of year-end management accounts, financial accounts and audit file. Including liaising and providing information to external auditors
- Identify and implement business process improvements / new IT systems ensuring compliance with all group reporting information requirements and deadlines
- Ensure all written and computer work / input is completed accurately and assume responsibility for ensuring the business is operating with effective internal controls
- Maintain good housekeeping within your work area
- Co-operate effectively with colleagues and Management
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross [email protected] / 07494 280 500