Rutherford Cross is working with a well known market leader to recruit for the role of Finance Business Partner on a permanent business. This role is hybrid with one to two days in the office and the rest remote including visiting different sites. The main focus of the role is to support the Finance Director in the preparation, production and reporting of the financial performance of the company’s contracts, on a monthly basis, supporting the contract teams in their understanding of their contract’s financial performance & preparation of their annual budgets. In addition provide assistance as appropriate in preparing the company’s monthly management accounts and assist with year end accounting and audit.
A summary of some of the main duties are below:
- Production & review of accurate monthly contract accounts and reports to Managers, Directors & Group Board, including variance analysis
- Liaise with the Financial Controller to ensure that the accounting information is completed / processed accurately and within agreed timescales to enable the Management Information to be prepared, understood and completed in line with company procedures and timelines
- Prepare analysis and commentary of contract performance. Investigate and resolve issues, in a diligent and logical manner within agreed timescales
- Review and familiarisation of Finance related areas of Project and FM Agreements for each contract
- Review of individual contract budgets and collation of supporting documentation and analysis for consolidation and production of 5 year budgets for submission to the board
- Assist in the preparation of year-end management accounts, financial accounts and audit file. Including liaising and providing information to external auditors
- Identify and implement business process improvements / new IT systems ensuring compliance with all group reporting information requirements and deadlines
- Ensure all written and computer work / input is completed accurately and assume responsibility for ensuring the business is operating with effective internal controls
- Maintain good housekeeping within your work area
- Co-operate effectively with colleagues and Management
For this role the company are seeking a fully qualified accountant with previous experience in management accounting including cash management, monthly reports, budgets and year end. The role requires a Finance Business Partner with excellent communication skills who can interface and build relationships with lots of different contacts across the business. Strong analytical skills including very good level of excel will be important as well as being able to identify and deliver process improvements. The business are offering a highly competitive salary as well as great benefits package.