Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered with one of Scotland’s leading 3rd sector organisations to appoint a Finance Business Partner. The organisation has recently appointed a new head of FP&A who is seeking to re-shape the FP&A function, so it is befitting of a modern finance function. This is key hire for them in line with their long-term strategy. Although this is a 3rd sector the role itself the role is highly commercial as the business has a significant retail and commercial operation.
This role is based in Edinburgh but with a highly flexible working pattern and the opportunity to go out and visit sites on a regular basis. Ideally, we are looking for a part-qualified/qualified accountant who has strong analytical skills and can work with data and producing meaningful business insights. You need to have strong excel skills and PowerBI knowledge is desirable. On offer is a salary of up to 38k + a further package including 38 days holiday and a car allowance.
- Lead the provision of timely, accurate and insightful reporting, analysis and targeted interpretation of monthly results to the departmental and/or regional management teams. Highlight key performance variances and work with the business areas to agree corrective action and identify any risks or opportunities to the latest forecast.
- Engage with stakeholders to create the Budgets & Forecasts for business areas feeding into the overall Budget, providing information & analysis for incorporation into ExCo and Board reports.
- Support Budget Managers in the creation, monitoring and controlling of their budgets and quarterly forecasts. Analysing variances and liaising with budget holders on potential problem areas, subsequently making recommendations and advising on the impact to the organisation.
- Actively participating in their internal customers’ monthly team meetings, providing financial updates and reports and influencing decision-making on key financial and non-financial matters.
- Creating a continuous improvement culture, developing and implementing streamlined and user-friendly processes, procedures and reports to support the financial activities within their internal customer teams, provide training to employees to embed these processes and embed reviews to ensure that these continue to be fit for purpose.
- Developing and maintaining reporting dashboards, and providing financial modelling
- Developing new ways of accessing data to create insightful analysis that guides and informs to support decision making.
- Play a role in developing and implementing future data strategy using new digital techniques and tools such as Predictive Analytics and AI
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross at 07494 280 500 / [email protected]