Rutherford Cross has been retained by Edinburgh Airport to recruit a Finance Business Partner to support the business in detailed financial analysis through production and interpretation of monthly accounts and other data collected in conjunction with the internal commercial team. The commercial revenue streams are diverse with ambitious growth targets, while there is a major focus in 2017 on embedding cost management principals across the business. As such, the Finance Business Partner will play a key role in understanding and tracking performance against these targets, requiring the development of robust relationships between finance and all the key stakeholders across the Airport. The role will offer excellent exposure to a range of commercial functions within the airport including Aeronautical, Retail, Catering and Car Parking amongst others with visibility across further support functions and IT.
Edinburgh Airport offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to develop their career in a fast paced and challenging environment. The airport requires an individual of the highest calibre to work in this multi-faceted role. Key skills including production of monthly accounts, providing in depth analysis and key stakeholder management are a must to meet the daily challenges this rapidly expanding company delivers. They are committed to developing talented individuals in the Scottish market and so provides an exciting career platform for personal development, through extensive internal training programmes, and career progression as rapid growth drives new and evolving roles.
It is essential that the individual comes from a background where they will have a strong awareness of best practice approaches to developing management information and business partnering.
The role requires a Qualified Accountant and it is critical the successful candidate can work closely with all levels of non-finance stakeholders across the commercial and support functions, displaying an assertive and collaborative approach.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Professionally Qualified Accountant (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, ACMA)
- Previous experience in a hands-on Management Accounts / Finance Business partner role
- Strong background in analysis, decision support and stakeholder management
- Proven commercial experience, either post qualification or as part of a training programme
- Ability to take responsibility for decision making and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking and drive positive change
- Strong analytical skills and numeracy, working to high levels of accuracy
- Highly developed management reporting, planning and budgeting skills
- Excellent capability to interpret financial information to guide critical decision making and a well-developed commercial awareness
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please send your CV to Mark Carrigg at Rutherford Cross – E: [email protected]