Rutherford Cross is working with a unique and innovative business to recruit a Costing Manager for a fixed term period of 9 months. This is an exciting role offering broad exposure across the business and will be focused on ensuring correct company cost allocation, showing cost drivers and indicators and supporting the business through robust forecasting and analysis. The role will act as a Finance Business Partner with collaboration across Procurement, Supply Chain and Commercial functions. A summary of some of the key duties are below:
- Driving efficiencies and improvements within the Product Costing Process and maintain an activity-based costing process that reflects production complexity and drives improved decision making
- Support NPD decision making with indicative costing as well as ensure understanding of resultant margin
- Effectively using costing information to identify new opportunities. Drive insights which will help to support decision making
- Providing forecast recoveries analysis and production variances which will support Supply Chain financial risks and opportunities process
- Ensure accuracy of cost data and monitoring internal controls to minimise risk
- Ad hoc analysis and project work to highlight challenges or opportunities in delivering operational financial targets
For this role the company are seeking a fully qualified accountant who can play a key role in ensuring the Costing function supports effective decision making through the provision of accurate product cost data. Excellent analytical and problem solving ability is key for this position as well as being able to interpret data and present to the business to aid decision making. The ideal candidate will have experience of costing in a Manufacturing environment and have extensive management reporting and business partnering experience. A good knowledge of ERP systems would be helpful. On offer is a contract which will offer great exposure to working on a number of different areas and projects. There is a highly competitive salary on offer and an excellent benefits package.