Rutherford Cross are pleased to be supporting a Lanarkshire based Engineering business with the appointment of a Cost & Project Accountant. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Cost and Project Accountant will also be responsible for monitoring and tracking of costs throughout the product lifecycle as well as identifying and implementing changes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of product costing within the business. The business offers some hybrid working and a salary of up to 45k.
Ideally, we are looking for a part-qualified/qualified/QBE accountant with knowledge of standard costing & BOM from a manufacturing background. Having recently successfully won a few large contracts the business is on a growth trajectory and turnover is likely to significantly increased in the coming 12 months. They are also planning a systems implementation so there is a development opportunity to get involved with that process.
- Ownership, review and maintenance of standard cost/bill of materials (BOM) data, for all own-manufactured and bought in goods
- Validation of standard costs for all new and amended products
- Monthly analysis and understanding of standard to actual BOM variances, including identification and correction of production costing errors
- Generation and analysis of product costing information providing visibility of actual product costs and customer profitability
- Inventory analysis and cost adjustments relating to stock valuation and movement
- Conduct monthly margin reviews, identifying trends and communicating via regular Margin Improvement meetings
- Work closely with the manufacturing department to produce and analyse labour efficiency, offering support and ideas for improvements
- Driving continuous improvement to costing information and supporting processes and systems
- Liaison with external auditors as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Either educated to Degree level or equivalent, qualified CIMA/ACCA (or other recognised accounting qualification) or qualified by experience
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel is essential, including use of Pivot Tables and Vlookups
- Knowledge of Sage is desirable
- A self-starter with an ability to take responsibility and work alongside other operational staff
- Advanced communication and teaming skills
- Desire to understanding the business (intellectual curiosity) and gain product knowledge
- Proactive, continuous improvement mindset focused on enabling productivity of the team.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity including a comprehensive job specification, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]