Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Brewdog to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager with flex on location but appropriate travel to Ellon, HQ required. This is a high profile role, reporting directly into the CFO and partnering with the Sales team across the business.
Launched in 2007 by two local entrepreneurs, James Watt and Martin Dickie, their simple mission was and continues to be about making other people as passionate about great craft beer as they are. Core to the mission was producing beer of genuine flavour and craftsmanship without the industrial techniques of many modern brewers.
In 2013, BrewDog moved from its original facility in Fraserburgh and to its new world class HQ; a 5.5-acre state of the art eco-brewery in Ellon, just north of Aberdeen. This is one of the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly breweries in the world and has allowed the business was able to improve every element of production. In 2018, BrewDog was listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for a record seventh consecutive year. No other company has achieved this, and it is testament to their continued incredible growth both in the UK and internationally. BrewDog currently employ 1,500 people globally, increased our revenue by 55% in 2018, and sell beer in over 60 countries. They operate 59 bars in the UK, and 11 overseas. Private equity firm, TSG Consumer Partners acquired a 22% stake in the company for approximately £213 million which has helped the business grow internationally with the announcement of a $30million production brewery and tap room in Brisbane, Australia announced in February 2018. The new site in Australia will complement the organisations first BrewDog Hotel and brewery in Ohio, US. The business has also recently announced in the last couple of weeks the plan to convert a brewery in Berlin, Germany to secure a firm footing in Europe.
The Commercial Finance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing and delivering accurate monthly management accounts and insightful analysis pack on a timely basis
- Performing detailed analysis on the results vs budget and forecast, and providing information and analysis to inform decision making
- Completing end to end planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Business partner to UK and International Sales Directors, supporting and challenging the sales teams on the development and execution of their plans
- Analysing spend and profitability of key products by channel, evaluating the impact of marketing projects, launch of new products and brand extensions.
- Developing and maintaining robust commercial controls, evaluating the effectiveness of pricing and promotional investments, monitoring compliance and execution and ensuring rigorous accrual management
- First point of contact on commercial finance decisions which impact on profitability, understanding the key drivers of business performance and supporting the commercial finance agenda of the sales teams
- Regular reporting of UK and International Sales, volumes and profitability and development of analysis capability using appropriate databases
- Coaching the Sales teams in the development of their financial awareness and commercial impact of strategic sales decisions
- Management and accountability for pricing process for Bars, UK On Trade and Off trade customers, Online and Export channels
- Leading the sales teams through all Finance led business processes including preparation of annual Sales Budget and ongoing Sales Forecasts
- Analysing spend and ROI on key products and SKUs in various market places, as well as the specific impact of marketing projects, launch of new products and brand extensions
- Investigating the effectiveness of pricing and promotional investments including pre and post evaluation, monitoring compliance and execution and ensuring rigorous accrual management
- Assisting with strategic sales projects and investigations
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Proven track record in leading and motivating teams within and across functions
- Experience of developing outstanding relationships across the businesses
- A background in organisations or environments with a high degree of complexity, ideally involving listed requirements
- FMCG experience
- Knowledge of trade terms and discount/pricing structures
- Proven track record in financial analysis & interpretation skills
- Planning & Budgeting experience
- Experience in presenting at Board level
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to workload
- Commercially aware and credible with the ability to influence decision making
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence key members of senior management
- Ability to assess and drive business improvement projects
- Excellent IT skills, with a proven track record in optimising finance SAP experience would be highly beneficial
- Flexibility to travel when required
A highly competitive package is on offer and will be discussed with the retained advisors Rutherford Cross.
Please note all third party CV's will be forwarded to Rutherford Cross to be included in the process.