Rutherford Cross are pleased to be partnered with a global drinks business to appoint a Commercial Finance Analyst. Whilst you would be based in their Central Glasgow office, the business operates a hybrid and flexible working model and there is the opportunity for quarterly travel to Miami & London. This opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion and represents a rare opportunity for a newly/recently qualified accountant to step into a commercial focused role in a highly desirable sector.
Ideally, for this position you will be a qualified accountant but there is flexibility on background. Happy to consider big 4, smaller firms or industry qualified. The focus is around the soft skills and given the broad stakeholder focus of the position we are looking to engage with personable, driven and commercially astute individuals who can interface with stakeholders both internal & external and out with finance at all different levels.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will provide key financial analysis and decision support.
- Acting as the Finance business partner to the Commercial team, providing value-adding analytical support to aid decision making.
- Undertake pricing reviews including appropriate challenge to Commercial teams as required
- Reviewing profitability analysis to flag unusual trends and ensure optimal allocation of malt products
- Carry out investment analysis including the tracking of spend and pre and post ROI evaluation
- Preparing budget and forecasts whilst evaluating month end performance and highlighting risks and opportunities to forecast
- Analyse monthly Business Unit insight dashboard with a view to providing additional analysis at a localised level
- Work with Supply Chain colleagues to ensure malt allocation adjustments are recognised and financial impacts understood
- Pro-active development of reporting tools, performance packs and analytics
- Engage with colleagues from other areas of the business such as Supply Chain, Commercial and Marketing to ensure new product launches are seamless in execution
- Presenting and explaining key financial data to colleagues from a non-financial background
- Engage with Business Unit and Group Finance teams to ensure standardised approach to reporting
- Self-starting involvement in regional strategic development projects
Interest in this opportunity is expected to be high, so for an initial confidential discussion regarding this role and a full job specification, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross at your earliest convenience on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]