Our client is a well established, dynamic company based in Glasgow. Due to continuing growth, they are seeking a recently qualified accountant to add to their Head Office team.
The role is split 50/50 between providing support on Group accounting activities and conducting internal audits across the business. As such, this could represent a great opportunity for an individual seeking their first move from the profession.
This is regarded as an excellent entry point into the business and this role has been performed by many of the senior accountants in the company in the past. The company has a strong tradition of nurturing talent and this is seen as a great opportunity to learn about all the Group businesses and progress up the finance structure in time.
- Monthly management reporting
- Year end activities such as statutory reporting
- Helping the Group meet its Internal Audit timetable (involving an element of travel)
- Assisting with the Group’s treasury and cash management activities including foreign exchange dealing
The position requires a high calibre individual who has strong interpersonal skills, is detail orientated and possesses excellent technical knowledge. A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Recently qualified (preferably CA)
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
- Ability to work well in a team, but also capable of taking ownership for the delivery of specific tasks
Salary to £35,000