Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a longstanding client who is looking to add a Senior Financial Analyst to their expanding team. This is a full-time permanent position with our Tech client based in Edinburgh.
This role reports to the head of FP&A and will provide a great opportunity for a newly qualified accountant or a 1-2 year PQE accountant, to develop further in their career.
What’s in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary with an excellent bonus structure on top
- 32 days of annual leave plus the option to buy extra days
- Hybrid working
- Income Protection
- Pension – x1.5 Employer (if you put in 4% they put in 6% etc…)
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the team as we deliver our recurring internal and external deliverables, in particular month-end and reforecast cycles
- Preparing month-end analysis to support commentaries
- Assisting in the preparation of analysis packs to support board papers and presentations
- Data management – looking after mapping tables, data structures etc to ensure the accuracy of reporting
- Continuously improving our processes and procedures to support efficient and effective operations within a strong internal control environment
- Preparing accurate cost analysis, and identifying trends, risks and opportunities to support senior finance business partners
- Providing ad hoc support and deputising for our senior finance business partners
- Providing partnering to the business to support head office costs
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Ability to analyse, convey and report financial information at using Excel, BI tools and PowerPoint
- Have a good working knowledge of financial modelling with strong systems experience, especially Excel
- Advanced MS Excel and data skills are a must for this role
- Be able to work well under pressure and manage competing priorities – this will be a very busy and varied role
- Be a real team player but also capable of working independently where required with a strong degree of self-motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confident working closely with senior stakeholders
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS/ACCA/CIMA or Equivalent) – Qualified by experience accountants with relevant knowledge will also be considered
To find out more on remuneration, and the role please contact the Rutherford Cross advisor Harry Thomson by emailing [email protected] for a confidential discussion.