Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a rapidly growing telecoms business in order to appoint a Group Accountant.
It is an extremely exciting time to be joining the business, as the newly created role of Group Accountant is as a result of recent growth. This position represents lots of opportunity for development and progression as the business continues to thrive.
This is a key role within the business and the successful candidate will join a relatively small finance team and report directly to the Group Financial Controller.
On offer is a salary of up to £45k (dependent on experience) + bonus as well as a very attractive wider benefits package.
Ideally, we are looking to speak with fully qualified, part-qualified or qualified by experience accountants who have experience in a similar role. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for certain of 17 group companies in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands & US
- Processing of month-end journals – deferred income, accruals, prepayments etc.
- P&L commentary and analysis of variances to budget
- Balance sheet reconciliations including bank, deferred income, trade debtors, creditors, VAT etc.
- Preparation and management of payroll, including reconciliation and review
- Pension administration in line with new auto-enrolment guidelines
- Management and development of landlord rent database ensuring correct accounting treatment and correct payment dates
- Administration of monthly landlord payments
- Management of project cost accounting process including preparation of monthly analysis and liaising with project managers
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers across the group
- Management of rates and electricity recharge process
- Provision of schedules for auditors in the UK and Ireland
- Assist in budget preparation
- P11d preparation
- Provide support for any deal completion
- Ad-hoc analysis and support FC/FD
- Possible direct reports (AP, cash & banking, management of expense process, analysis and support)
- CA/ACCA/CIMA/QBE accountant
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience working to targets and set deadlines
- Sage Line 200 experience desirable
- Experience of people management desirable
- Salary £30,000-£45,000
- Up to 10% bonus
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats
- Pension 9.6% employer/ 5% employee
- Will be given a one off payment of £750 in February to tackle cost of living
To find out more information on this role or if you are interested in applying, please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross.
Email: [email protected]