Rutherford Cross is working with a financial services brand in Glasgow to appoint a Stress Test Analyst on a permanent basis. This position will allow for remote based working with occasional meetings in the Glasgow office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the FP&A and Capital Management team in Finance. The Stress Testing Analyst will help manage the delivery of BoE stress testing requirements for the Group, leveraging the skills and expertise of the wider business. They will be responsible for building and maintaining processes and controls to deliver a compliant and effective solution to fulfil all BoE stress testing requirements.
This role will support the Stress Testing Manager and Stress Testing Data Manager and is tasked with bringing together activities that satisfy the delivery requirements of participation in the BoE annual stress test. The role will have strong interaction with financial planning, capital management and ICAAP activities, to ensure the effective delivery of stress testing activity to the required timescales. The role holder will be required to build strong and effective relationships across Finance, Treasury, Risk, and business areas to aid a cohesive and successful delivery of stress testing requirements.
- Contributing to the overall successful delivery of the bank’s participation in the BoE concurrent stress testing cycle
- Owning and coordinating the delivery of defined aspects, of the annual BoE stress testing exercise
- Assisting with the planning and effective execution of the Solvency Stress Test, ICAAP Pillar 2B & the evolving requirements of Climate Change Stress testing)
- Working with Finance, Risk, Treasury, and Business Areas as part of successful and coherent delivery of stress testing requirements
- Ensuring appropriate controls and quality assurance exists to deliver accurate and complete outputs to the regulator
- Working with Finance, Risk and Treasury colleagues to coordinate the projections exercise and ensure complete and accurate outputs
- Developing and maintaining relevant processes and controls to effectively manage operational risks
- Establish a robust and well managed control environment supporting stress testing
- Ensuring integration of activities with Financial Planning, Capital Management and ICAAP process where appropriate
- Ensuring engagement and proactive management of key stakeholders, both internal and external, ensuring they are engaged and consulted, ensuring timely and effective communication
- Helping deliver the projections data reporting requirements of the BoE STDF (Stress Testing Data Framework), assisting with the completion of specific and submission of all projection’s templates
- Continually monitoring regulatory and industry developments, ensuring all new requirements are identified, planned and ultimately met
- Continually identifying areas for development and improvement in the stress testing end-to-end process. Driving and delivering substantial change over time.
- A detail-oriented approach to ensure accuracy of activity outputs, being highly organised and well planned
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing relationships with key internal stakeholder, external partners and 3rd parties
- A good understanding of the bank, its product areas, balance sheet and capital position
- Ability to drive continuous improvement to end-to-end business processes and controls
- A sophisticated approach to communication with all stakeholders
The role will offer a very competitive salary, as well as an excellent pension plan, flexible cash scheme, generous holiday entitlement, private medical, income protection and life assurance.