Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained again by the Weir Group to bring a Group Finance Business Analyst role to market in Glasgow.
This is a unique opportunity to join the head office team at this level. The opening has become available due to an internal promotion.
The Weir Group PLC is a FTSE 250 global engineering business headquartered in Glasgow. The Group’s global footprint spans more than 70 countries while employing in the region of 15,000 people. With an auspicious history in Glasgow industry recent years have seen the Group undergo significant growth as well as operational and geographic changes; the recent $1.3bn acquisition of ESCO Corporation and £275m divestment of the Flow Control division now sees the company organised into three divisions – Minerals, Oil & Gas and ESCO.
Background to Current Opportunity:
The Group Finance Business Analyst position takes the lead on and manages the delivery of Finance related projects or improvement initiatives. The role will also perform deep dive reviews as necessary and provide ad-hoc support to the Group Financial Controller as required.
The role is a key Group Finance role often requiring interactions across functions as well as with the wider global Finance community.
The role is also responsible for ensuring the accuracy of reporting the Senior Leadership bonus scheme, including liaising with HR on policy and definition, contributing to Renumeration Committee papers and presenting annual payments to the CEO for approval.
This represents an exceptional opportunity for a motivated individual to not only gain exciting exposure now, but also the prospect of playing a leading role in the future.
The role of Group Finance Business Analyst requires a self-motivated and driven individual. The successful candidate will have a problem-solving mindset and will have the desire to carve out a successful career within a large PLC environment. This individual will need to demonstrate gravitas and the ability to work across various stakeholder levels both internally and over time externally.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows: Education/Experience:
• Degree Educated with a track record of high academic achievement
• CA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 5 years PQE, preferably in a fast paced, corporate environment
• Broad range of finance experience
• Understanding and / or experience in project management, including business process management, stakeholder engagement and change management
• Experience of engaging, working with and advising senior stakeholders
• Experienced and skilled in operating within a global de-centralised / matrix environment
• Understanding of IFRS and UK accounting standards, with knowledge of recent and upcoming developments
• Strong commercial awareness
• Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills
• Good knowledge of Excel and if possible, Cognos Controller, TM1 and BI
• Advanced numeracy and analytical skills, including ability to interpret financial statements
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills, using a comprehensive approach with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels and present effectively to stakeholder at a variety of levels
• Have a proven hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable
• Collaborative with excellent listening skills who builds rapport quickly and uses a consultative and coaching approach to working with business stakeholders.
• Motivated to continually review and deliver improvements to work processes and develop own skills and knowledge
• Intellectual curiosity, bringing valuable insight
A highly competitive package is on offer and to discuss/review a full position profile please contact John Ramsay the retained advisor on this assignment.