Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working exclusively with a successful, growing business based in central Glasgow to appoint a Finance Manager. This is a great opportunity to work in an autonomous role offering exposure to a wide variety of finance duties. Reporting into the Finance Director the role will have responsibility for managing a small transactional team.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts, including trial balance, profit & loss and balance sheet
- Processing of day to day transactions using Sage 200
- Processing and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Analysis and processing of payments to suppliers and staff
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Processing of monthly WIP, accruals and prepayment, journals for the monthly accounts
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring clear audit trail and liaising with accountants where required
- Liaison with HMRC as required
- Budget and cashflow forecasting
- Managing a small team
The ideal candidate will be either fully or part qualified or qualified by experience and have recent experience of managing a full finance function in an SME environment. This is a full-time position, but the business is open to flexible or part time working. On offer is a very competitive salary and benefits package.